- 1 lb of good quality pork meat (ground)
- 1 - 2 slices of fried bacon (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of semi-cooked rice
- 1 head of cabbage(about 3 lb)
- salt, pepper, garlic
- Remove core from cabbage and immerse head in boiling water to wilt leaves, about 10 minutes. Remove from water and drain. Remove large leaves. Cut out large vein from each with triangular cut.
- Ground pork mix with a little of fried bacon.
- Add fried onion and one egg(to keep the mix together),1 cup of semi-cooked rice, salt and pepper for taste,mix ingredients until combine.
- Wrap the mixture into the cabbage leaves and place all rolls tight in the dish, seam side down.
- Add some chicken broth over cabbage rolls and one bay leaf and cover whole thing with unused or broken leaves(to prevent burning).
- Cover with foil and bake in 400 F for around 90 min.
CLASSIC TOMATO GRAVY
- 1lb tomatoes(skin peeled) and 2 small onions(chopped) should be fried in clarified butter.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Mix well and serve warm on top of your rolls.
- 6 oz of baker’s cheese
- 4 tbsp of sunflower oil
- 2 tbsp of honey
- 1 egg
- 12 oz of light wheat flour
- 1 envelope of baking powder
- 3 lb of plums
- 4 oz of cold butter
- 4 oz of ground hazelnuts
- 3 tbsp of honey
- 1 tsp of cinnamon
- extra butter for buttering sheet
- Mix the baker’s cheese with oil, honey and either milk or egg. Combine the flour with baking powder and add this slowly to your cheese mixture to form the dough.Wrap the dough in saran wrap and put it into the refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- After 1 hour you can thinly spread the dough onto a buttered baking sheet. Cut the plums in half, discard the pits and neatly arrange the halves on top of the dough.
- Now is the time to prepare the topping: Mix the cold butter with hazelnuts, honey and cinnamon. Crumble this on top of the plums.
- Put the tart into the heated oven(400F) for 30 – 45 min. until plums are soft.
- 3 lbs potatoes
- 6 oz of bacon
- 1 large onion
- Boil 1 lb of potatoes with the skin, then peel off the skin and mash them.
- Peel, wash, and grate 2 lb of raw potatoes using a small grater. Drain the excess water using a cheesecloth. Wait until starch accumulates at the bottom of your dish and collect it. Add this starch to the grated potatoes.
- Mix all potatoes (boiled and raw) together and add salt to taste to complete the mixture.
- Form round or oblongated dumplings. Boil them in small batches in lightly salted water for
4-6 min (or until they appear at the surface). Serve with finely chopped, fried onions.