- 1 lb of good quality pork meat (ground)
- 1 - 2 slices of fried bacon (optional)
- 1 egg
- 1 onion
- 1 cup of semi-cooked rice
- 1 head of cabbage(about 3 lb)
- salt, pepper, garlic
- Remove core from cabbage and immerse head in boiling water to wilt leaves, about 10 minutes. Remove from water and drain. Remove large leaves. Cut out large vein from each with triangular cut.
- Ground pork mix with a little of fried bacon.
- Add fried onion and one egg(to keep the mix together),1 cup of semi-cooked rice, salt and pepper for taste,mix ingredients until combine.
- Wrap the mixture into the cabbage leaves and place all rolls tight in the dish, seam side down.
- Add some chicken broth over cabbage rolls and one bay leaf and cover whole thing with unused or broken leaves(to prevent burning).
- Cover with foil and bake in 400 F for around 90 min.
CLASSIC TOMATO GRAVY
- 1lb tomatoes(skin peeled) and 2 small onions(chopped) should be fried in clarified butter.
- Stir in sour cream.
- Mix well and serve warm on top of your rolls.